PEDIATRIC-PAK(TM) (child) is intended for use on suspected victims of SCA who are over one year old and less than eight years old weighing less than 25kg (55lb).
Caution: HeartSine Samaritan Pediatric Pad-Pak can only be used on Heartsine Samaritan units designated with Adult/Child label (icon), defibrillator Model 300P only. HeartSine recommends that a samaritan® PAD sam300P is deployed in locations where emergency responses involving pediatric patients may occur.
The battery lifetime in use can be up to 6 hours monitoring, 60 shocks or a combination of both. A Pediatric Pad-Pak in stand by mode (inserted into the SAM 300P) has a shelf-life indicated by the expiry date (4 years from manufacture date)*. The Pad-Pak must be replaced out if: the status indicator on the SAM 300P is flashing red or not flashing you may need to replace the Pad-Pak. For diagnosis of the reason for the status indicator flashing red or not flashing please refer to the troubleshooting section of this manual.
HOW TO REPLACE A PAD-PAK(TM)
- Take the replacement Pediatric Pad-Pak(TM) from its protective bag.
- Remove the old Pad-Pak(TM) which is to be replaced.
- Follow the instruction for Pad-Pak(TM) installation which can be found on the page titled "Preparing your samaritan® PAD for use".
- Push the Pad-Pak(TM) firmly to ensure it is fully inserted.
- Check status indicator. If the Pad-Pak(TM) has been inserted correctly, status indicator flashes green approximately every 5 seconds.
- Press the On/Off button to turn the device on. Listen for the appropriate messages to start. Press the On/Off button again to turn the device off. Ensure no warning messages are issued by the device and that the status indicator continues to flash GREEN once every five seconds.
- If necessary inform relevant safety officer or person responsible for maintenance of the samaritan® PAD.
- Update the relevant records to show the date that the replacement Pad-Pak(TM) was placed into service.
- Dispose of the old Pediatric Pad-Pak(TM).