Medtronic Physio-Control LIFEPAK 1000 Replacement Battery Pak-11141-000100
LIFEPAK 1000 Non-Rechargeable LiMnO2 Battery Replacement Kit: LiMnO2 non-rechargeable battery replacement kit includes discharger and instructions on safe disposal of Battery Pak-11141-000100.
Battery Options: A non-rechargeable lithium manganese dioxide (Li/MnO2) battery provides power to the defibrillator. The battery has indicators that approximate the remaining state of charge. To save battery life if the defibrillator is accidentally turned on or left on, the defibrillator automatically turns off if it is not connected to a patient and no buttons are pressed for 5 minutes.
LIFEPAK 1000 non-rechargeable battery Pak 11141-000100 MAINTENANCE : The LIFEPAK 1000 defibrillator is powered by the LIFEPAK 1000 non-rechargeable lithium manganese dioxide battery pak. Follow the guidelines described in this section to help maximize battery life and performance. Use only Physio-Control battery paks designed for use with the LIFEPAK 1000 defibrillator. Do not use any other batteries.
WARNINGS! Safety risk and possible equipment damage.
- LIFEPAK 1000 non-rechargeable Damaged battery Pak may leak and cause personal injury or equipment damage. Handle damaged or leaking batteries with extreme care.
- Do not carry a LIFEPAK 1000 non-rechargeable battery Pak 11141-000100 where metal objects (such as car keys or paper clips) could short-circuit the battery terminals. The resulting excessive current flow can cause extremely high temperatures and may result in damage to the battery pak or cause fire or burns.
- Keep batteries away from children.
- Possible defibrillator shutdown. When the LIFEPAK 1000 defibrillator displays the REPLACE BATTERY message, replace the battery immediately.
- Possible loss of power during patient care. Using an improperly maintained LIFEPAK 1000 non-rechargeable battery Pak 11141-000100 to power the defibrillator may cause power failure without warning. Maintain batteries as described in these operating instructions.
Note: When a battery pak is removed from the defibrillator, battery and service symbols appear on the readiness display. After replacing the battery pak, the device resets the readiness display. The non-rechargeable battery pak never requires recharging. The approximate level of charge in the battery appears on the readiness display when the defibrillator is off or on the screen when the defibrillator is in use. When optimally maintained, a new nonrechargeable battery pak can provide approximately 17 hours of "on time" or 440 discharges at 200 joules. Just turning the defibrillator on ("on time") uses up battery capacity. Each year, battery capacity decreases while the battery is in the defibrillator because of the battery's normal self-discharge rate and the energy used by the defibrillator auto tests. If installed in the defibrillator and the defibrillator is not used, the battery pak has a standby life of five years. A new nonrechargeable battery pak has a shelf life of five years if stored at the proper temperature. The battery pak (stored outside the defibrillator) self-discharges over time; therefore, when the battery is eventually placed in the defibrillator, its useful life will be reduced depending on how long it "sat on the shelf."
To properly maintain non-rechargeable battery paks:
- Do not attempt to recharge.
- Do not expose to temperatures greater than those specified in Appendix A.
- Do not allow electrical connection between the battery contacts.
WARNING! Possible explosion, fire, or noxious gas. Attempting to recharge a nonrechargeable battery pak can cause an explosion or fire or release noxious gas. Dispose of expired or depleted nonrechargeable battery paks as described in these operating instructions.
CAUTION! Possible battery damage. Electrical connection between battery contacts can blow an internal fuse and permanently disable the battery.
PRODUCT RECYCLING INFORMATION: All materials should be recycled according to national and local regulations.
Preparing for Disposal of Non-rechargeable Batteries Non rechargeable batteries should be fully discharged before disposal. Before disposing of nonrechargeable battery paks, cover the battery terminals with the plastic discharger cap provided with the new battery. Refer to the battery discharge instructions included with your new battery. Disposing of Nonrechargeable Batteries Follow your national, regional, and local regulations for disposal. Contact a local Physio-Control representative for more information. In the USA, Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Transportation regulations allow disposal of nonrechargeable batteries with ordinary household waste provided that they are fully discharged. Be sure to comply with any other local or regional regulations before disposal. For more information or assistance, contact your local Physio-Control representative.
Alternate LIFEPAK 1000 Non-Rechargeable LiMnO2 Battery part numbers: 11141-000101, 3206245-000, LIFEPAK 1000 non-rechargeable battery Pak 11141-000100 lithium manganese dioxide battery pak CAT. 21300-006054