Physio-Control LIFEPAK12 Defibrillator/ Monitor EDGE System RTS (Radiotransparent) Electrodes with QUIK-COMBO Connector 11996-000090
Alternate Part Number: 3010188-009
QUIK-COMBO - RTS Electrodes provide a radio-transparent electrode and lead wire set, designed for patients weighing 15 kg (33 lbs) or more.
EDGE System RTS Electrode with QUIK-COMBO Connector Catalog Number 11996-000090
Electrode Shape: Rectangular Electrode Size: 15.1cm (5.95 in) x 13.3cm (5.24 in)
Lead Wire: 60.1cm (24 in)
Conductive Adhesive Gel Contact Area: 115cm2 (17.98 in2). Shocks were delivered using LIFEPAK 12 defibrillator/ monitors EDGE System QUIK-COMBO® Pacing/Defibrillation/ECG electrodes applied in the standard anterior-lateral position. Successful cardioversion was defined as the confirmed removal of AF after delivery of a shock, as determined by ECG over-read by two cardiologists with no knowledge of the shock waveform. Patients rated skin pain on a scale from 0 to 8 after the procedure. This study showed that these biphasic shocks provide higher efficacy for cardioversion of atrial fibrillation, requiring fewer shocks, 65% less current and 65% less energy to cardiovert atrial fibrillation. Patients undergoing elective cardioversion with the biphasic protocol, as compared to those receiving the monophasic protocol, reported significantly less post-procedure pain. EDGE System QUIK-COMBO® Pacing/Defibrillation/ECG electrodes were judged to be superior.
A direct current defibrillator applies a brief, intense pulse of electricity to the heart muscle. The LIFEPAK 12 defibrillator/monitor delivers this energy through many different types of electrodes, including EDGE System RTS (Radiotransparent) Electrodes with QUIK-COMBO Connector 11996-000090 lied to the patient's chest.
Electrode Placement : When using EDGE System RTS QUIK-COMBO electrodes, make sure the electrodes:
- Fit completely on the chest.
- Have at least one inch of space between electrodes.
- Do not overlap bony prominences of sternum or spine.
To place the EDGE System RTS QUIK-COMBO electrodes electrodes:
1. Prepare the patient for electrode placement:
- Remove all clothing from the patient's chest.
- Remove excessive chest hair as much as possible. Avoid nicking or cutting the skin if using a shaver or razor. If possible, avoid placing the electrodes over broken skin.
- Clean and dry the skin. If there is ointment on the patient's chest, use soap and water to clean the skin. Briskly wipe the skin dry with a towel or gauze. This mildly abrades the skin and removes oils, dirt, and other debris for better electrode adhesion to the skin. Do not use alcohol, tincture of benzoin, or antiperspirant to prep the skin.
2. Slowly peel back the protective liner on the electrodes, beginning with the cable connection end.Peeling the Liner from the Electrode.
3. Place the electrodes in the anterior-lateral or anterior-posterior position depending on the therapy to be provided and special placement considerations.
4. Starting from one edge, firmly press the electrode on the patient's chest to eliminate air pockets between the gel surface and the skin. Firmly press all adhesive edges to the skin. Note:Once applied, therapy electrodes should not be repositioned.
WARNING! Possible cable damage and ineffective energy delivery or loss of monitoring. Improper disconnection of the defibrillation cable may damage the cable wires. This can result in failure to deliver energy or loss of ECG signal during patient care. Position the cable so that it will not be pulled, snagged, or tripped over. Do not disconnect the defibrillation cable snap connectors from electrode posts or posts on testing devices by pulling on the cable. Disconnect the cable by pulling each cable connector straight out.
Confidence in Physio-Control LIFEPAK 12 Products
Unlike some third party accessories, all of Medtronic Physio-Control LIFEPAK 12 replacement accessories, including Physio-Control LIFEPAK12 Defibrillator/ Monitor EDGE System RTS (Radiotransparent) Electrodes with QUIK-COMBO Connector 11996-000090 are tested and validated with LIFEPAK devices by Physio-Control.