Zoll AED Plus Pedi Padz-II Replacement Electrodes 8900-0810-01
The ZOLL AED Plus® defibrillator has been approved for defibrillation of pediatric patients with the use of ZOLL's AED Plus pedi-padz® II electrodes. Sudden cardiac arrest rarely strikes a small child. When it does, the American Heart Association recommends the use of an AED that delivers lower, pediatric doses of energy and ZOLL's AED Plus pedi-padz® II electrodes suit the purpose.
Unlike most other AEDs, with pediatric pads attached, the AED Plus uses an ECG rhythm analysis that has been specifically designed and tested with ECGs specific to the pediatric patient population, particularly rhythms such as ventricular and supraventricular tachycardias that are very different from adults.
Finally, Zoll AED Plus device also delivers specific lower energy levels for children. Default energy settings with Zoll AED Plus Pedi-Padz II Electrodes for pediatric defibrillation are: 50 J, 70 J, and 85 J. Energy settings can be configured by the user with the use of ZOLL Administrative Software. While using Zoll AED Plus Pedi-Padz II Electrodes, rescuers can rest assured the energy delivered will be right for the child they are rescuing.
Applying pedi padz II (Infant/Child) Electrodes
Prepare the patient before attaching the pedi padz II electrodes.
To prepare the patient:
- Remove all clothing covering the patient's chest.
- Ensure the patient's chest is dry.
To apply the pedi padz II electrodes:
- Tear open the electrode package and unfold the inner package to expose the electrodes. Place the electrodes on the patient according to the graphics on the electrode package.
- Remove the round electrode from its backing material and place it on the patient's chest (as shown on the electrode package graphics).
- Place your hand on the electrode edge and, using the other hand, gently roll the electrode onto the patient's chest, pushing any air out from beneath the electrode as you go.
- Roll the patient onto his/her chest, remove the square electrode from its backing and place it on the patient's back (as shown on the electrode package graphics).
- Place your hand on the electrode's edge and, using your other hand, gently roll the electrode onto the patient's skin, pushing any air out from beneath the electrode as you go.
- Roll the patient onto his/her back and follow the ZOLL AED Plus prompts.
Indications for Use
Use the ZOLL AED Plus when a suspected cardiac arrest victim has an apparent LACK OF CIRCULATION as indicated by
- Absence of normal breathing
- Absence of a pulse or signs of circulation.
When the victim is less than 8 years of age and weighs less than 55 lbs (25 kg), the ZOLL AED Plus should be used with the ZOLL AED Plus Pediatric Electrodes. Therapy should not be delayed to determine the patient's exact age or weight.
If an AED Plus unit is equipped for treating adult and pediatric patients, when you connect the cable for adult electrodes, the AED Plus unit switches automatically to adult mode for cardiac rhythm detection and automatic shock energy selection (120 Joules, 150 Joules, 200 Joules) and issues the voice and display prompt , ADULT PADS. When you connect the cable for ZOLL pedi padz II pediatric electrodes, the AED PLUS unit switches automatically to pediatric mode for cardiac rhythm detection and automatic shock energy selection (50 Joules, 70 Joules, 85 Joules) and issues the voice and display prompt, PEDIATRIC PADS.