Cardiac Science Powerheart Adult Defibrillation Electrode Pads 9131-001:
Shelf life: 2 years
These Adult AED Defibrillation Pads are non-polarized so that either pad can be placed in either location, simplifying the rescue. Cardiac Science Powerheart Adult Defibrillation Electrode Pads come in a ready-to-use, sealed package containing one pair of self-adhesive pads with an attached cable and connector.
The pads are disposable and should be discarded after each rescue. The pads have a limited shelf life and should not be used beyond the expiration date.
Keep a fresh, unopened pair of pads plugged into the AED at all times. Refer to the pad package label for operation temperatures. An audible and visual alert will indicate after the self-test if the pads are missing, unplugged or damaged.
Adult Defibrillation Electrode Installation:
1. Open the lid of the Cardiac Science Powerheart G3 AED.
2. Place the pad package into the lid so that the expiration label is visible through the clear window on the lid. The expiration date of the pads will then be readable without opening the lid of the AED.
3. Match the color of the connectors (red to red), then plug the pad connector into the AED case. Once the pad connector is plugged into AED, the Pad indicator should extinguish.
4. Tuck the excess cable length in the bottom holder. With the pad package completely secured to the AED lid, close the lid.
5. Make sure the expiration date is visible through the clear window of the lid and check to make sure that the status indicator is GREEN. If the pads are not installed properly, the status indicator will be RED and it is advised that you call customer service for assistance.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
1. Do NOT open until ready to use, short term use only
2. Ensure the skin site is clean and dry
3. Separate one pad from liner
4. Place one pad on skin in either location
5. Peel and place remaining pad
Assessment and Pad Placement Preparation:
Determine the patient exhibits the following: The patient is unresponsive, and the patient is not breathing. Remove clothing from the patient’s chest. Ensure the skin site is clean and dry.
- DRY the patient’s chest and shave excessive hair if necessary
- OPEN the AED lid and wait until the LEDs are lit.
- Note: When the patient is a child under 8 years of age or weighs less than 55 lbs (25kg), the AED should be used with the pediatric pads. Therapy should not be delayed to determine the patient’s exact age or weight. See the directions for use accompanying pediatric pads for procedure on changing adult pads to pediatric.
- PLACE PADS The AED will issue the prompt “Tear open package and remove pads”. Keep the pads connected to the AED and tear the package along the dotted line to remove.
- Note: Leave the package attached to the pad wires. After the prompt “Peel one pad from plastic liner,” with a firm, steady pull, carefully peel one pad away from the plastic liner.
- Then, after the prompt, place the pad with the sticky side on the patient’s skin on the upper right chest, placing the top of the pad right below the collarbone. Avoid placing the pad directly over the sternum.
- Finally, after the prompt, pull the second pad from the plastic liner and place it on the lower left chest, below and left of the breast.
- Note: most defibrillation pads are non-polarized and can be placed in either position as shown on the pad package. When the pads are placed, the voice prompt will say “Do not touch patient. Analyzing rhythm.” If the pads are not properly placed or become disconnected at any time during the rescue, the voice prompt “Check pads” will be heard. When this occurs, ensure that pads are firmly placed on clean, dry skin and pad cable is securely plugged into the AED.